Hello and welcome to the blog of Veena Cornish, award-winning photographer. Here, you will find Veena's latest news, updates and special offers, so keep checking back. Please feel free to visit Veena's website here: Award-Winning Photographer Based in Lincolnshire.

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Fundraising Activities

Hello everyone welcome to my new Blog & my new web site.
Big thank you to
Ben & Kelly at www.grandeurgraphics.com for all their help.
Must be careful not to " blow my own trumpet"
but fund raising is a small but important part
of my life. In the years before I opened my
own photographic studio in Holbeach Bank I
was involved with groups raising money for
charity and helping local community projects.
A highlight for me was a thrilling parachute
jump which was great fun and the funds raised
supported local causes. Ongoing fund raising
work involves coffee mornings at my studio,
cheese & wine evenings with a photo shoot
and talks to groups about my life and work.
All monies raised are shared between local
projects e.g. The Holbeach Hospital and a
cause close to my own heart. On a trip to
India a few yearsago I came across a school
for Slum Children in Bangalore. The school
is a life line for children from 3 years old by
schooling them and providing them with their
only hot meal of the day. At Balls, Masonic
Ladies Nights, Proms etc I always donate
a raffle prize and often a small percentage
of income to the charity linked.

No comments: